What Is Long Distance Learning?Distance learning, also known as correspondence education or home study, is a form of education where there is little or no face-to-face interaction between students and their instructors. Distance learning students usually study from home, instead of attending physical classes.
Advantages and Disadvantages, Why Choose Distance Learning?
The main advantage of distance learning is that it allows you to fit your learning around your work and home life.
Here are some of the other advantages:
- You can usually also set your own pace of study.
- It is your decision as to when and where you study.
- It doesn’t matter where you live you can gain a degree from anywhere in the world.As with a full-time degree, students may find that they gain useful, transferable skills, such as planning and research.
- A distance learning course often costs less than a full-time degree.
Despite all the advantages, there are also a number of disadvantages to studying via distance learning:
- Loneliness and feelings of isolation should be avoided however by frequent online contact with tutors and taking part in virtual forums, virtual help groups and discussion rooms.
- Distance learning providers usually offer dedicated support to their online or distance learning students.
How Does The Tubatse Edu Support Group assist?
We offer distance learning bursaries to all learners who come from the Sekhukhune region. The purpose of the bursary is to assist financially burdened young adults to further their studies, in order to become employable and possess the prerequisite skills that they need in the active economy.
Who Can Apply For The Distance Learning Bursary Bursary?
- Anyone between 18 to 25 years of age
- They should reside within the Sekhukhune District
- Should Possess an average pass mark of 75%
- Must have attended high school within the Sekhukhune area.